Soccer, Fall 2023
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
2023 Fall Recreational Soccer Program for Boys & Girls
Entering Grades Kindergarten - Grade 6.
SUFFIELD RESIDENTS ONLY.
Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a fun atmosphere.
All grades will be playing a small sided format, and the field size will be adjusted accordingly. The focal point of the small sided format is to give every child more touches on the ball and keep children active and engaged.
There will be smaller team sizes. We realize you may like to coach with other people for a variety of reasons, but with smaller teams, we need to spread out the coaches.
The Program will be held on one weeknight (practice) and Saturdays.
For your planning purposes and for a consistent schedule, please select your preferred night of the given options for a weeknight practice. We will make every effort to accommodate your chosen night for practice, but it is not guaranteed.
Week night practices are held for one hour, between the 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. time frame based on the Coaches discretion. Saturday (scrimmages or games) will be held in the 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. time frame.
Pre-season assessments will be held to ensure that teams are fair based upon ability. No experience is needed and all players are asked to attend the assessments. Assesments TBD.
Weeknight Practice Days:
Kindergarten: Monday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Boys: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Girls: Monday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Boys: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Girls: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Boys: Monday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Girls: Monday or Thursday
Boys & Girls Grades 5-6 may be combined based upon registration numbers.
Sibling Discount: $5.00 for second child or more will be applied at checkout.
Late Fee of $25.00 will be applied to registrations after July 31, 2023.
COACHING: Volunteer coaches are needed. We are offering an incentive program to coaches who commit to coaching a full season. Coaches will have the opportunity to register their child in a future sports program at a discount (ie: Basketball 2023/24, Tee-Ball/Softball 2024). In order to receive this discount you must register to coach and register your child.
Evaluations will be on Wednesday or Thursday evening, August 23 or24 depending on child's age.
Please see the schedule listed below for the evaluation schedule:
Wednesday, August 23rd:
Boys 1/2 Last Name starting with A-M: 5:30-6:10pm
Boys 1/2 Last Name starting with N-Z: 6:15-6:55pm
Girls 1/2 Last Name starting with A-M: 7:00-7:30pm
Girls 1/2 Last Name starting with N-Z: 7:30-8:00pm
Thursday, August 24th:
Boys 3/4: 5:00-5:30pm
Girls 3/4: 5:30-6:00pm
Boys & Girls 5/6: 6:00-6:30pm
Registration closes on Monday, August 27, 2023.
NO REFUNDS AFTER Monday, August 21, 2023.
- Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere.
- Late Fee of 25.00 will be applied to registrations after July 31, 2023.
- Note: 25% CANCELLATION FEE.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER Monday, August 21, 2023.
- Children will be placed on teams according to grade entering in the Fall 2023 school year, based on gender, siblings and parent coaches.
- Sibling Discount will be applied upon checkout.
- Practices can begin Tuesday, September 5 and program runs through Saturday, November 4 (with rain make-up date of Saturday, November 11, this will be the only rain make-up date). Practices are designated weeknights and games are played on Saturdays. (mainly in the morning).
- Players are responsible to buy black shorts and soccer socks.
- Players must have shin guards.
- Players should bring their own soccer ball to practice.
- Sneakers or cleats should be worn.
- For grades 3–6, cleats are recommended.
- BALL SIZE:
- Grades: Kindergarten, 1 & 2 = #3
- Grades: 3 & 4 = #4
- Grades: 5 & 6 = #5
- For your child’s safety and safety of others, jewelry is not allowed.
Practicies, Teams & Philosophy
- Parents will be receiving an email from their Coach after the Coaches Meeting to introduce themselves.
- Late registrants after July 31, 2023 will be placed on established teams according to teams needs ex. size/gender.
- This program encourages good sportsmanship, there will be no “playing up or down” and no team standings will be kept.
- The Department reserves the right to dismiss any child from a program who is disruptive and reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer Coach who does not follow the governing procedures, policies and philosophy of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- COACHES MEETING: August 30th from 6:30-7:30pm at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym.
- Team info. program guidelines & coaching tips will be reviewed.
- We anticipate high enrollment in this program and parental involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- Please fill out the Code of Ethics Agreement For Coaches below (forms) and return to the office or bring it to the meeting.
- Coaches only Soccer Clinic August 30th from 6:30-7:30pm at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym.
Additional Forms and Files: