2022 Fall Recreational Soccer Program for Boys and Girls Entering Grades K - 6. SUFFIELD RESIDENTS ONLY.
Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a fun atmosphere.
All grades will be playing a small sided format, and the field size will be adjusted accordingly. The focal point of the small sided format is to give every child more touches on the ball and keep children active and engaged.
There will be smaller team sizes. We realize you may like to coach with other people for a variety of reasons, but with smaller teams, we need to spread out the coaches.
The Program will be held on one weeknight (practice) and Saturdays.
For your planning purposes and for a consistent schedule, please select your preferred night of the given options for a weeknight practice. *We will make every effort to accommodate your chosen night for practice, but it is not guaranteed.
Week night practices are held for one hour, between the 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. time frame based on the Coaches discretion. Saturday (scrimmages or games) will be held in the 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. time frame.
Pre season assessments will be held to ensure that teams are fair based upon ability. No experience is needed and all players are asked to attend the assessments. Assesments will be held in the evening on Monday, August 29th. More information regarding location and times will come out a few weeks before evaluations.
Weeknight Practice Days:
Kindergarten: Monday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Boys: Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 1 & 2 Girls: Monday, Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Boys: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 3 & 4 Girls: Wednesday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Boys: Monday or Thursday
Grades 5 & 6 Girls: Monday or Thursday
Sibling Discount: $5.00 for second child or more will be applied at checkout.
Late Fee of $25.00 will be applied to registrations after July 31, 2022.
COACHING: Volunteer coaches are needed. We are offering an incentive program to coaches who commit to coaching a full season. Coaches will have the opportunity to register their child in a future sports program at a discount (ie: Basketball 2022/23, Tee-Ball/Softball 2023). In order to receive this discount you must register to coach and register your child.
A Coaches only clinic will be held prior to the start of the season, along with the Coaches Meeting at Suffield Middle School Cafeteria. Date is Thursday, September 1st at 5:30 p.m.
*The program is subject to change to adhere to public health concerns.
Registration closes on Friday, August 26, 2022.
NO REFUNDS AFTER August 15, 2022.
- Program is designed to teach skills and fundamentals in a non-competitive and fun atmosphere.
- Late Fee of 25.00 will be applied to registrations after July 31, 2022.
- Note: 25% CANCELLATION FEE.
- NO REFUNDS AFTER Monday, August 15, 2022.
- Children will be placed on teams according to grade entering in the Fall 2022 school year, based on gender, siblings and parent coaches.
- Sibling Discount will be applied upon checkout.
- Practices can begin Monday, September 5 and program runs through Saturday, November 5 (with rain make up date of Saturday, November 12). Practices are designated weeknights and games are played on Saturdays. (mainly in the morning).
- Players are responsible to buy black shorts and soccer socks.
- Players must have shin guards.
- Players should bring their own soccer ball to practice.
- Sneakers or cleats should be worn.
- For grades 3–6, cleats are recommended.
- BALL SIZE:
- Grades: Kindergarten, 1 & 2 = #3
- Grades: 3 & 4 = #4
- Grades: 5 & 6 = #5
- For your child’s safety and safety of others, jewelry is not allowed.
Practicies, Teams & Philosophy
- Parents will be receiving a call from their Coach after the Coaches Meeting to introduce themselves.
- Late registrants after August 26, 2022 will be placed on established teams according to teams needs ex. size/gender.
- This program encourages good sportsmanship, there will be no “playing up or down” and no team standings will be
- The Department reserves the right to dismiss any child from a program who is disruptive and reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer Coach who does not follow the governing procedures, policies and philosophy of the Parks & Recreation Department.
- COACHES MEETING: Thursday, September 1, 2022 5:30pm at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria
- Team info. program guidelines & coaching tips will be reviewed.
- We anticipate high enrollment in this program and parental involvement is encouraged.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- Please fill out the Code of Ethics Agreement For Coaches below (forms) and return to the office or bring it to the meeting.
- Coaches only Soccer Clinic TBD at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria/Gym.
Additional Forms and Files: