Basketball 2023 Season - Grades 1 & 2 - CO-ED
Grades 1 & 2 - Co-ed
This is a co-ed, non-competitive Basketball Program designed for children in Grades 1 & 2. The goal of this program is to have fun while developing basic basketball skills and fundamentals using modified height baskets and mini basketballs.
Suffield Resident only.
Program Dates: Saturdays, December 17, January 7, 14, 21, 28, February 4, 11, 18, 25.
Snow Date: March 4th will be the last day of the program if there are any weather cancellations.
NOTE: No games on December 24 & 31.
Location: Sessions 1, 2 & 3 at McAlister School Gym. Session 1A at Spaulding School Gym.
Discount: $5.00 for second child or more.
Registration closes on Saturday, November 26 and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity. Limited enrollment.
Late Fee: $105.00 effective Friday, November 11.
Session 1: McAlister School Gym - 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
Session 1A: Spaulding School Gym - 9:00 - 9:45 a.m.
Session 2: McAlister School Gym - 10:00 - 10:45 a.m.
Session 3: McAlister School Gym - 11:00 - 11:45 a.m.
Groups are formed randomly. PLEASE NO SPECIAL REQUESTS. Children are in the same gym during their registered time slot.
For your child’s safety and the safety of others, jewelry and casts are not allowed.
NOTE: No refunds after Monday, December 5.
PLEASE NOTE: Shirt size availability may be limited.
- Inclement Weather: Cancellations will be on suffieldrec.com and our Facebook page, or Email and Text messages will be sent to your Myrec account Email. Programs have a specific start and end date and can not be extended.
- Due to circumstances out of our control, school functions randomly may cancel our programs at late notice and make ups may not be possible. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may bring. PROGRAMS HAVE LIMITED ENROLLMENT AND LIMITED GYM SPACE.
- The deadline for registration is established so that we can properly be prepared for the program with volunteers and equipment. We appreciate your advanced cooperation. All registrations submitted after the deadline will be charged a late fee. Register early to avoid late fee.
- $25.00 Cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations before December 6, 2022.
- NOTE: No refunds after Monday, December 5.
- Volunteering to coach is greatly appreciated.
- COACHES MEETING: Monday, December 5th. 5:00pm-6:00pm. Located at the Suffield Middle School Cafeteria. Coaches are required to attend this meeting to learn more about the expectations of the program. This informative session will cover the program format and materials and equipment will be distributed. Specific coaching techniques and rules of basketball will be discussed.
- HANDS ON COACHES CLINIC: Saturday, December 10 from 1:30pm-4:00pm. Located at East Granby High School, 95 S Main St #9550, East Granby, CT 06026
- Please fill out the Code of Ethics Agreement for Coaches (below) and return to the office.