Sunrise Day Camp (Entering Gr. 2-5)
Get ready for some outdoor fun this summer at Sunrise Day Camp.
Suffield Parks and Recreation has planned a summer to remember!
Campers will spend their days at the Park enjoying a variety of outdoor activities related to the week's theme. Show off their creativity with arts & crafts, exploring and learning about nature, participating in games and much more. Best of all, activities are designed toward the interest and skill levels appropriate for that age group. So come out and test your fishing skills, practice your painting, play some gaga ball with your friends, and splash in White's Pond on a hot day.
All children should wear sneakers & socks and bring a lunch, drink, swim suit and towel to camp daily. No open toed footwear. This outdoor camp will be held during the hot summer months. Remember to bring ample water and wear sun protection.
The Parks and Recreation Staff is committed to offering new experiences that encourage imagination, growth and adventure. Don't miss out on all the fun!
Camp 1 Week Sessions
Session 1: June 26 - 30
Session 2: July 3 - 7 NOTE: No Camp on Tuesday, July 4.
Session 3: July 10 - 14
Session 4: July 17 - 21
Session 5: July 24 - 28
Session 6: July 31 - August 4
2023 Sunrise Day Camp Themes
Session 1: Carnival Week
Session 2: Holiday Week Monday: 4th of July theme, Tuesday: No Camp, Wednesday: Halloween, Thursday: Valentine's Day, Friday: Easter
Session 3: Messy Week
Session 4: Olympic Week
Session 5: Nature Week
Session 6: Hawaiian Week
- Sneakers and socks are required throughout the day for activities. No open toe footwear.
- Bring or wear a swim suit each day
- Bring a towel and sunscreen, child must apply.
- During the swimming portion of the day, you may pack your child's backpack with crocs, aqua shoes or similar. Children will be required to change back into socks and sneakers. Please pack change of clothes.
- Bring lunch, snack and healthy non-caffeinated drink (extra water on hot days) in a cooler with the child's name written on cooler.
- PLEASE do not bring gum, money, personal or valuable items, IPods, MP3, cell phones, electronic devices, trading cards, squirt guns, etc.
- During hot days, remember to bring ample water and wear sun protection.
- Registration closes on the following dates and/or earlier if enrollment reaches maximum capacity.
- For Session 1: June 15
- For Session 2: June 22
- For Session 3: June 29
- For Session 4: July 6
- For Session 5: July 13
- For Session 6: July 20
- Limited enrollment for all options.
- We invite parents/guardians to stay a few minutes on the first day of their session to meet the camp staff.
About Our Camp
- Children will have good old fashion fun, show off their creativity with special events, talent shows and arts & crafts!
- Nature exploration, adventure games, sports and trendy children’s activities will all be played daily and change weekly, all stressing team cooperation, acceptance and fun.
- There is a new theme each session to keep campers captivated all Summer long.
- Free swim and basic swim stroke review will be part of this camp, contingent upon the hiring availability of certified waterfront staff. (This is not an American Red Cross sanctioned program).
- Children must participate in swim stroke review. If a child must miss this portion, a note is to be given to the Camp Director and Waterfront Staff signed by a Parent, Guardian or Doctor excusing the child.